- ETS Core
- bCourses & bSpace
- Classroom Technology
- Events & Production
- Training & Support
Student Computer Consulting Services
The computer consultant staff is here to help any current Cal student, faculty member, campus staff, postdoc researcher, or visiting scholar troubleshoot problems with:
- Campus DHCP Service
- Laptop Wireless Printing Set-up
- Adobe CS 6 Installation Help
- Basic Microsoft Office Installation Help
- Campus VPN/Proxy Server Set-up/Troubleshooting
Where to contact us
We are located inside the MMF computer facility on the 1st Floor of Moffitt Library. The SCCS desk is behind the staff desk on the "Gold Side."
SCCS Phone: 510-664-4188
Drop-In and phone hours are generally **Monday - Friday, 1pm-5pm.** See the General Access Computer Facilities page for confirmed hours and location information.
Make an appointment
The SCCS offers appointment times, during which a second consultant will be scheduled to help you fix your problem. Please refer to the services above to see whether your problem falls within our scope. If not, you may contact the appropriate department through our Resources page.
NOTE: What we do not do
Although the consulting staff would like to solve all your computer related problems, the scope of our work only involves solving internet connection and email problems. We do not handle problems involving:
- Cleaning viruses, although we will offer you an antivirus and antimalware programs and basic assistance in starting a virus/malware scan.
- Fixing hardware problems, re-installing operating systems or re-formatting your computer. Please contact the following off-campus computer repair providers for support:
Educational Technology Services > Facilities
Contact Computer Labs
Contact Design & Engineering Staff
a/v accessibility als assistive technology audience response systems audio berkeley bSpace CalCentral CalCentral Release Notes classrooms classroom technology clickers closed captioning computer facilities computer labs course evals dsp events instructional facilities polling salesforce form staging subtitles technicians video video conferencing video production videotaping webcast webcast.berkeley YouTube