- ETS Core
- bCourses & bSpace
- Classroom Technology
- Berkeley AV & Video
- Training & Support
Media Release Forms
How to submit the University of California Berkeley media release forms to ETS
The University of California requires a signed UC Berkley media release form for each presenter(1) appearing in a broadcast program(2) to be on file with ETS before we are authorized to publish video and/or audio of the event. Individuals appearing in multiple events must sign and submit the UC Berkeley media release form for each event in which they appear. ETS is not authorized to release audio or video material to the public until we have received a copy of the signed agreements from all presenters appearing in a broadcast program.
ETS supports an all-digital process for submitting University of California Berkeley media release forms, allowing ETS clients to capture an electronic signature and submit signed media release forms via email. Please do not ask guest speakers to send documents directly to ETS! Rather, collect and archive all signed documents from your presenters before submitting them in a single batch transmission.
ETS provides three different release forms that have been approved for use by the UC Office of Legal Affairs:
- EVENTS - Media Release Form for all presenters
- COURSES - Guest Speaker Media Release Form
- COURSES - Faculty Media Release Form
Here is the process for submitting signed media release forms to ETS:
- Download the appropriate release form and complete the information at top of the form (requires Adobe Reader).
- Save the PDF file to your desktop. Please add the ETS order number, Project ID number, or Course number in the file name to facilitate processing.
- Attach the file in an email to the speaker, and ask that they complete the form. Please note that all information on the form must be entered before a digital signature can be applied.
- Collect all media releases before submitting them to ETS for processing, and file copies for your own records. Please email all media releases for an event in a single transmission to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the ETS order number, Project ID number, or Course number in the subject heading.
- Paper documents may be scanned or photographed and submitted to ETS by email.
Hard Copy Submissions
- Download the appropriate release form and complete the event information at top part of the form (requires Adobe Reader).
- Save the PDF file to your desktop, then print a copy for each presenter.
- Provide the form to the speaker and ask that they complete, sign, and return it to you. Incomplete forms will not be validated!
- Submit hard copies to ETS by fax to (866) 247-7519. Media releases may also be submitted in person to Dwinelle 9 or by campus mail (mail code #2535). Send only copies of your documents - no originals, please! Hardcopy submissions are subject to a minimum processing charge of $15 per event.
- Please submit all hard copy releases for an event in a single transmission and include the ETS order number, Project ID number, or Course number on all documents and correspondence.
For answers to some common questions about the media release form and submission process, please see our FAQ at https://ets.berkeley.edu/help/media-release-faq.
Please direct questions about the University's copyright and permissions agreement policies to the UC Berkeley Office of Legal Affiars.
(1) "Presenter" is defined as any individual with a significant speaking role in the broadcast program (e.g. Master(s) of Ceremony, introductions, lecturers, panelists, etc.).
(2) "Broadcast Program" is defined as the edited final master for publication. Individuals who participated in an event but do not appear in the broadcast program are not required to submit a signed media release form.
Educational Technology Services
Related Help Topics
Search Help Center
a/v assignments bCourses bSpace CalCentral CalCentral Alerts CalCentral Release Notes classrooms classroom technology clickers email equipment events event support icon lecture capture matterhorn messages opencast permissions post production quiz salesforce form screenshot survey teaching and learning teaching with bSpace video video production webcast webcast.berkeley YouTube